I am proud to say that my work has been chosen for the Merit Awards as part of the Rfotofolio Selections for 2021. Photographers were asked to submit a portfolio of 7 images, along with an artist statement.
The portfolio I entered:
The image featured by Rfotofolio:
I create composite digital images using my own photography, curating various series that emphasize emotional healing. I enjoy the freedom and individualism of creating conceptual art, images that are based in reality with my own photography, but developed from my own imagination. Minimalist and surreal, frequently using my love of birds and nature, my creations often illustrate feelings we seldom discuss.
Over the past two years, our changed world has
caused a myriad of emotions about the importance of home and
family, which has led me to explore the concept of haven. The
dichotomy between the safety of our own environment and the
threat of the unknown from without has contributed to increased
levels of social anxiety Whether based in reality, or
perceived, the situation has challenged us to examine our
thoughts and ourselves.
What is Rfotofolio? From their website:
Rfotofolio was founded in 2012 by Connie and Jerry Rosenthal as a way to build a photographic community, to give photographers access to a larger audience, and to educate the viewing public about the diversity found in photography through our sites, exhibitions, interviews, and articles.
In 2014 Rfotofolio became a non-profit, 501( c )(3) organization and in 2015 established the Rfotofolio Grant.
To learn more about our grants please visit the Grants and Awards page.
Rfotofolio supports the work of photographers by awarding the Rfotofolio grant once a year to a photographer working to continue their photographic endeavors.
- To build a photographic community.
- To provide a positive forum.
- To give photographers access to a larger audience.
- To curate, and promote brick and mortar exhibitions.
- To provide an educational and inspirational community for photographers and collectors through our meetings and forums.
- To nurture the art of the printed photograph.
- To establish forums to promote the craft of photography.
- To sustain, maintain and grow the exposure of the photography through our websites, exhibits, and publications.
- To award the Rfotofolio Grant.
- To Award the Denis Roussel Award.