|photograph chosen for the Home and Away issue of Understorey Magazine|
This image was recently published in the "Home and Away" issue of Understorey Magazine.
Understorey launched in November 2013 as a project of the Second Story Women’s Centre in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. In 2016, Understorey formed a new partnership with the Alexa McDonough Institute for Women, Gender and Social Justice (AMI) at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax.
According to their website:
Understorey Magazine publishes literary writing and visual art by and about Canadian women.
Our vision is to sustain a relevant, accessible, diverse and aesthetically beautiful venue that supports and empowers women through self-expression. To achieve this vision we:
- Publish compelling, original stories and art by Canadian writers and artists who self-identify as women.
- Inspire, encourage and mentor new and emerging writers and artists.
- Support and promote established writers and artists.
- Seek out underrepresented stories and voices.
- Maintain a broadly feminist perspective that is welcoming, inclusive and empowering
I feel quite honoured to have one of my photographs chosen to appear in this publication.