I'm in the midst of preparing for a solo exhibit so I thought I'd try to write a little series on the topic.
I presented my first solo exhibit in 2018 and I found it difficult to find information online about how to prepare an exhibit. There are bits and pieces here and there, and I have participated in many group exhibits but that doesn't really prepare you for running your own show.
part of my Roots + Wings Exhibit, 2018
Here's what I think I will try to cover, and I'll break it down into separate posts so it's not overwhelming:
1. Selecting a theme - more difficult than it seems!
2. Applying for exhibit space - writing an exhibit statement
3. Exhibit check list - things to remember
4. Selecting images for the exhibit - narrowing your focus
5. Creating an exhibit catalogue
7. Artist Talk - yay or nay?
8. Asking for feedback/Public involvement
I'll try to get this rolling in the next few days....stay tuned!